ADSM-L

Re: Need ADSM 3.1.2.1 -> 3.1.2.20 AIX FixTest Package

2003-04-06 19:31:09
Subject: Re: Need ADSM 3.1.2.1 -> 3.1.2.20 AIX FixTest Package
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT STAFF.EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 20:30:38 -0300
Justin Derrick wrote:
Hi TSMers...

After years of seeing questions about terribly old and unsupported
versions of ADSM float around on the list and wondering how *anyone*
could run such antiquated software, I find myself in that exact
situation...  Oh, the irony.  =)

When something works and it costs a small fortune to upgrade I can see
why people don't upgrade. We still run 3.1.2.90 .

I'm working at a customer site that refuses to upgrade it's
production server as part of a migration project.  Of course, I've
run into a bug that I've seen referred to in the ADSM.org archives,
and the Server ReadMe docs for 3.1.2.40 -- implying that the problem
I'm experiencing is fixed in 3.1.2.20.

Now, I've seen Fixes and FixTests on ftp.software.ibm.com -- but
they're much newer than I'd like -- from 3.1.2.40 to 3.1.2.90.  I'd
like to get the FixTest version 3.1.2.20 to match the other TSM
servers on site.  If anyone has a URL for the 3.1.2.20 Fixtest, or
the actual files themselves, I'd really appreciate the assistance...
(Yes, the further irony of having servers running 3.1.2.20 but being
unable to find the install media anywhere hasn't escaped me.)

Why not just run 3.1.2.90 ? Might as well run the latest version of
3.1.x :-)

For the curious, I'm having problems reading from a copypool stored
on virtual volumes in a server-to-server configuration.  The error
message is an ANR9999D which explains that the server is unable to
position the file for reading.  The archives have suggested that the
label prefix may be wrong, or that the commtimeout parameter is set
lower than the mount-time for the volume.  I've explored both these
possibilities, and it's unlikely either are causing my problem.  (The
label is 'ADSM' -- the default, and the commtimeout is 30 seconds,
but the error is returned much more quickly than that.)

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated, but pointing and
snickering will be humbly accepted as well.

-JD.