ADSM-L

Re: Linux kernel for Redhat

2003-04-05 11:07:19
Subject: Re: Linux kernel for Redhat
From: Dave Hecht <dhecht AT CI.BAKERSFIELD.CA DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:54:12 -0800
www.kernel.org has every Linux kernel known to man - doesn't really matter if
you are putting it on RedHat or any other distribution, the kernels remain the
same.  If you are comfortable with it - just grab the source here and compile
to avoid the rpm issues, but this can be frustrating if you haven't done it
before.  On the other hand, its a fun way to kill a weekend....(which may make
me pretty hopeless....).

dave

>>> dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM 04/04/03 19:06 PM >>>
Does anyone know where to get the kernel-2.4.9-31.i386.rpm for redhat 7.2?
All the sites I have checked only have the much newer kernels and associated
dependencies.
I even checked the source rpm's and the oldest I could get was 2.4.9-34.

Has IBM said anything about releasing newer tape drivers?
Has anyone had any luck using the Linux supplied tape and library drivers
instead of the tsm drivers?

This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.