ADSM-L

Re: HELP!!! EMERGENCY!!!

2003-04-04 15:13:07
Subject: Re: HELP!!! EMERGENCY!!!
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:12:05 -0500
If you want support to look at the problem, take a svc dump.  Then cycle
your tsm server to clear the deadlock.

David

>>> joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM 04/04/03 02:22PM >>>
Disk pools aren't full.  Tape drives are available.  There are plenty
of
tapes.  The db is 88% full.  Recovery log is 7% utilized.  I did have
the
following message, but it said the server would continue:

ANR0390W A server database deadlock situation has been encountered:
lock
request for transaction 0:6.517663675 will be denied to resolve the
deadlock.
ANR9999D DFUTIL(734): Lock acquisition (isLock) failed for bitfile root
0.

ANR2183W AFMOVE3551: Transaction 0:6.517663675 was aborted.

Any suggestions!!!  I really need help!   Should I contact support?  If
do it'll take 3 hours to get a response...

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

                    Kai Hintze
                    <kai.hintze@ALBER       To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    TSONS.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Re: HELP!!!
EMERGENCY!!!
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    .EDU>

                    04/04/2003 02:19
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

How are your disk pools? Full or still have room?
What is your tape status?
Do you have other communications problems? (Slow printing, slow
terminals,
slow FTP...)