ADSM-L

Re: HELP!!! EMERGENCY!!!

2003-04-04 14:57:53
Subject: Re: HELP!!! EMERGENCY!!!
From: "Vraspir, Mary J." <MJVraspir AT WEST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:57:28 -0600
I have seen a deadlock situation when trying to delete objects on the same FS.
Are any of your sessions trying to backup the same fs names/files?
Have you tried killing off the sessions?  Is 100 client sessions at one time
common?
Are there any helpful messages in the individual client's dsmsched log?
Have you have any network interruptions lately?
Sometimes the big hammer approach is quickest (killing the server) but doesn't
always point to the cause.

Good luck,
Mary Vraspir