ADSM-L

offsite tape pools

2003-04-04 08:36:58
Subject: offsite tape pools
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:36:10 -0500
Hello everyone!

I have a question about offsite tape pools.  Is there any way to
consolidate clients data onto a minimum number of tapes without doing
collocation on the offsite copy pool?  I have an NT domain with 1 onsite
and 1 offsite tape pool.  When we go to disaster recovery their restores
take forever because they aren't collocated and they are spread over a
tremendous amount of tapes and they are all scattered.

I want to help them, but I don't think we have the tape resources to
collocate their offsite tape pool.  ( There are approximately 100 clients
and we send the tapes offsite every day.)

Does anyone have any alternatives/suggestions?

Thank You!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com