ADSM-L

TDP, TSM-API & OS/400

2003-04-03 19:47:14
Subject: TDP, TSM-API & OS/400
From: Patrick Fleischmann <pfleis2 AT HALLMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:31:11 -0600
I am trying to backup a domino server loaded on an iSeries (AS/400) box.  I
have loaded the TDP for Domino and the TSM API for OS/400.  The
documentation is very slim, although it points me to a "Tivoli Storage
Manager using The API IBM documber # SH26-4123" and "Tivoli Storage Manager
Installing The Clients IBM Document # SH26-4102".  I can't find either of
these in a PDF online.  All the IBM sites lead me to a purchase site, and I
really didn't want that kind of wait.

I've never used Tivoli with the 400.  All the existing backups are done
with operating system level commands like SAVSYS and SAVLIB.  I don't have
BRMS or Robot Save.  Can somebody give me a primer on how to set this up?
I know I will not be able to backup the system to Tivoli due to the
inability to get to the TSM in a restricted state.  However, all I want to
be able to backup to Tivoli is just the Domino server and it's data.

Thanks for any help.