ADSM-L

Re: server onto another server

2003-04-03 19:19:27
Subject: Re: server onto another server
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:19:26 -0500
Long,

Its been some time since I have move the TSM server from one
system to another. If I missed a step I hope someone will
correct me.

On source server A.
Migrate all the data from the diskpool to the tapepool.
Backup the database.
Backup the volhist.
Backup the devconfig.
Backup the dsmserv.opt file so you do not have to reconfigure
the file again.

Then on the target server B with the same operating system as
server A.
Install TSM. If the db volume and the log volume are larger
than the original than this is fine.
Restore the database.

You could use the DRM feature.

Good luck,
Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Fc-Atm-Rck, Tivoli   (tivoli.fc-atm-rck AT LMCO DOT COM)
wrote:

> I need to move my current ADSM server from on server onto
another server.
> What are the processes for doing this? Your help is
appreciated.