ADSM-L

TCP/IP connection failure

2003-04-01 14:30:32
Subject: TCP/IP connection failure
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:29:52 -0500
I just installed the TSM client on a AIX 5.2 client, registered the node
and started and incremental. This node is runnig a 64 bit kernal but I
installed the 32 bit client. Ican ping the TSM server from the node, and
the node from the TSM server. However, I keep getting:

[tk2dbms] /home/root # /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc sched
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface - Version 5, Release 1,
Level 1.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2002 All Rights Reserved.

Querying server for next scheduled event.
Node Name: TK2DBMS
ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
Will attempt to get schedule from server again in 20 minutes.

Any suggestions?