ADSM-L

Re: Dumb License Question

2003-04-01 10:00:02
Subject: Re: Dumb License Question
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 08:59:52 -0600
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

Regards,

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Sias Dealy [mailto:hnre AT UREACH DOT COM]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 7:47 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Charles,

If you register the wrong license or too many license.
There is not a "remove" or a "delete" license command.
If you want to see this feature in future release of TSM, need
to call IBM TSM Support and submit a design change request.

To change the license.
Need to locate the nodelock file.
It should be in /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/ .
Stop the TSM server application.
Rename or move the nodlock file to another directory.
Restart the TSM application, then re-register all the license.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Hart, Charles (charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM) wrote:

> TSM 4.1.6 on Solaris 8 I added to many mgsyslan.lic  licenses
and now I would like to reduce it.  I
> looked in the Ref and Admin guide and found no REM or DEL
lic, there's reference to the Nodelock