ADSM-L

Re: Copy job "freezed"

2003-04-01 05:14:55
Subject: Re: Copy job "freezed"
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:14:29 +1000
On Tuesday, Apr 1, 2003, at 16:47 Australia/Sydney, PAC Brion Arnaud
wrote:

Richard,

That would make sense, if the job was "freezing" in the middle of the
copies, but apparently, it just waits a while before starting to write
the first bit of data to tape, and then goes fine till the end !
Thanks anyway ;-)

Sounds like database operations to me - building the list of aggregates
and sorting for minimal tape mounts... can be a reasonably intensive
operation. Check the activity on your DB volumes during the "freeze".