ADSM-L

Re: Returned mail - Repost

2003-03-28 09:59:40
Subject: Re: Returned mail - Repost
From: "Wilcox, Andy" <andy.wilcox AT AQUILA-NETWORKS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:54:51 -0000
To keep it simple....

1. has to be a no, unless you have an alternative method of knowing what is
on your tape volumes... with the volume history file you wouldn't know which
is your dbbackup tape(s)

2. You do not need to know the admin password as you do the restore using
dsmserv interactively with paramters. once the restore is complete you can
then run dsmserv to open an interactive session to create new or modiy your
admin accounts.

3. I am certain I have read old articles on here and the answser has been
no.

4. To detemine whether or not there any special considerations depends on
what you are trying to achieve. If you are writing a D/R documentation, then
the first and most important consideration in my viewpoint is having the TSM
software available offsite. You can't restore your TSM service without the
software in the first place! Following this you need your volume history
(the device config file is up to opinion but it is a nicety) available
offsite.You can't restore your TSM service without the software in the first
place!

Hope this falls in line with your thoughts.

Cheers

Andy Wilcox
Midrange Services
Aquila Networks Services Ltd