ADSM-L

Re: Client login with admin id and password

2003-03-28 07:09:30
Subject: Re: Client login with admin id and password
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:08:54 +0100
Hello Paul,
this message would probably not help very much. People quite often restore
files from one machine to a different one. This is possible if you know
nodename and password and can be done without access as administrator.
What I would like to get is a clear indication that someone accessed data
using an administrator id.
Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany