ADSM-L

TSM an STK L80 LTO

2003-03-26 09:04:16
Subject: TSM an STK L80 LTO
From: "serge.zangheri" <szangheri AT GRENOBLE.SEMA.SLB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:01:51 +0100
Hi there,
I have a L80 and I'm looking for  a solution in order to manage this
robot without a backup software.
I have TSM 4.2 for AIX 4.3.3 but this soft doesn't manage the CAP for
example.

I would like to know if there are some UNIX commands in order to :
1) put on and remove from a cartdrigne into and from the CAP.
2) put on and remove from a cartdrige into and from a drive.
3) know the CAP status (empty or full).
4) know the status of a cartdrige inside the library.

Some others general questions.
Is there any product delivered with the L80 in order to do that ?
If I want eject 6 cartdriges, how can I do without type any reply in TSM
and above all without any human intervention (except of course when the
CAP is full :-))  ?
How can I manage a queue of process (checkin or checkout), ADSM did it
correctly with a 3494.

I already contacted some resellers, etc, but whithout succes.
Thanx a lot for all information
Regards
Serge