ADSM-L

Informix backup

2003-03-25 09:55:11
Subject: Informix backup
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:54:18 -0800
Hi list,

I have to perform the backup of a Informix database and I want to know if
is possible for TSM to do it without the TDP for Informix.

I have been told that the ONBAR tool uses the XBSA libraries to talk to SM
products and that the only thing that the TDP for Informix does is to act
as a translator between TSM and Informix. Is it true ?

Another issues:

=> Can I perform a database backup and later, if I wish, restore a
specific tablespace using TSM (with or without the TDP?) ?
=> Can the ONTAPE tool be used (or commanded) from TSM ?

Any information on how can I accomplish this is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mario