ADSM-L

tsm 5.1 config STK L180 tape library

2003-03-25 04:38:30
Subject: tsm 5.1 config STK L180 tape library
From: jiangguohong1 <jiangguohong1 AT ETANG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:34:50 +0800
hi,
i just receive a request to install and config STK L180 tape library,with two
STK 9840 drive,purpose to test our development program by tsm 5.1 api,see that
will occur any problem .I known tsm support ACSLS managed library,in our ACSLS
managed library environment#,ACSLS server for used STK media manager is based
on SUN solaris 5.8,tsm server is based on windows 2000,in order to take
advantage of LAN-free data movement feature,they have connected brocade fabric
switch in connection with disk array and STK L180.i have some problem,wish
anybody give my advice.
1.to enable LAN-free data move,i require third-party software(such as gresham
EDT DistribuTAPE),i have get the software by gresham commpany ftp side,and i
can excuce EDT-DistribuTAPE software installtion.but i don't know wether i may
use directly this software?
wether requie this software license?
2.i went and look for ACSLS library installation and configuration procedure.To
define ACSLS managed library,but i found out diffrent that discribe betweent
tsm administrator guide and tsm storage agent for windows document.one is as
following:
define librray acslib libtype=acsls acsid=1
another is as following:
define library acslib libtype=external lanfree=yes obeymountretention=yes
i want say which i will use?
3.Gresham EDT DistribuTAPE software severd as interface between ACSLS sever and
tivoli storage manager server.after i have installed Gresham EDT DistribuTAPE
software and tsm server on windows plaform,i am going to hown to config EDT
DistribuTAPE software?