ADSM-L

Exchange restore has no Distribution List

2003-03-25 03:58:52
Subject: Exchange restore has no Distribution List
From: Richard Marchant <rmarchant AT SARS.GOV DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:43:15 +0200
We backup our Exchange databases (5.5) using TSM 5.1.2 using the Exchange
TDP 2.2 agent and the backup works fine. When restoring an Exchange database
to a newly setup server we find the corresponding Distribution and User
Lists are not restored. The User List is not a problem but the Distribution
List is..........what are we doing wrong?  We have consulted the Exchange
TDP redbook but could not find any answers.

BTW the server runs W2K with service pack 2.

Richard Marchant

Enterprise Storage Management

material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or
computer.

"The information transmitted is only to be viewed or used by the person/s or
privileged material/information.  The South African Revenue Service (SARS)
reserves the copyright to all contents of SARS information contained in
e-mail messages.  The views and opinions expressed in this transmission are
those of the sender and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions
of SARS.  SARS cannot assure that the integrity of this communication has
been maintained nor that it is free from errors, malicious code,
interception or interference.  Under no circumstances will SARS or the
sender of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages from any use of this e-mail"