ADSM-L

Re: Database backup strategy?

2003-03-21 16:10:09
Subject: Re: Database backup strategy?
From: J M <jm_seattle AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:09:28 -0800
Has anyone tried doing a TSM DB backup to file to a NFS mounted filesystem
(with the NFS host machine being at another site with a big fat pipe in
between?).

It's something we will probably do with our CWDM/Gigabit cross campus
solution, but I'm curious to know if anyone else is doing this as a
supplement to DB backups to tape (DR for TSM, Fast DB Restore, yadda yadda
yadda).