ADSM-L

Error ANS1357S w/OS390-AIX

2003-03-20 17:13:16
Subject: Error ANS1357S w/OS390-AIX
From: Mario Novelli <mfn AT CWRU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:56:48 -0500
I'm having a problem and can't figure out what happened or how to
fix.  I've inherited Tivoli V4.2 on OS390.  We are currently backing up
several AIX boxes with Oracle DB's on them. This basically consist of a
server backup part and the Oracle DB using the Oracle TDP (not sure it
that's the correct terminology).

Everything was running fine till 3/18.  One of the AIX machines starting
getting the ANS1357S error.  I did not perform any maint on the 390 server
and none was done on the AIX system, its still running
v4.1.something.  When you fire Tivoli up on the AIX system via "dsm" the
X-window displays the above error and displays the same
version/release/maint lvl as on the other AIX systems.

Rummaging around using the web admin client, displaying nodes I noticed
that the "Platform" for the problem nodes on this machine says "WinNT"
instead of "AIX" (for server) or  "TDP Oracle AIX" (for Oracle) as it says
for the machine/nodes that it is successfully backing up.

Is this the problem? How did it happen and how can I fix it?

Did I explain the problem OK?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Mario Novelli
Sr. Database Administrator