ADSM-L

Re: overland tape library?

2003-03-19 19:27:12
Subject: Re: overland tape library?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:26:32 -0600
I used an old Overland library in a previous job.  It was great.  One thing
I really
liked was its incremental expandability.  We had one shelf with two DLT
drives
and (if I remember right) 6 tape slots.  Another shelf that only had tapes
in it (18 or
20 slots) then there was the elevator that took tapes between the shelves on
the
rear.  It was pretty neat.  I was going to use it for TSM, but we got a big
IBM library
instead.