ADSM-L

System Object Backup times out

2003-03-19 09:18:28
Subject: System Object Backup times out
From: Hanna Hahne <Hanna.Hahne AT DKFZ-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:13:48 +0100
Environment
TSM Server: AIX 4.3.3 / TSM 4.2.2.10
TSM Client: Windows 2000 Server (5.00.2195) / TSM 5.1.5.9

We have Roaming User Profiles stored in one Windows Server and replicate
this partition to another Windows Server. On both servers we experience
long running backups of System Object (backups are scheduled at
different times). The session times out after 20 minutes (our idle
timeout option). Without replication the backup is done in 3 minutes.

Before I contact support I would like to ask if anybody in the TSM
community experienced the same.

Hanna

Hanna Hahne
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum