ADSM-L

Re: Selective backups

2003-03-18 12:22:56
Subject: Re: Selective backups
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:22:19 -0700
Here is what HELP UPDATE SCHEDULE or HELP DEFINE SCHEDULE shows me for the
OBJECTS parameter:

OBJects
     Specifies the objects for which the specified action is
     performed. Use a single space between each object.

     etc.

And yes, you'll need to put quotes around the list of objects (this is a
general rule for any parameter that contains blank spaces, as described in
the Command Entry Rules in the server admin reference).

The best way to think of this is to enter the OBJECTS and OPTIONS strings
the same way you would enter them from the client command line. For
example, a client command like this:

   dsmc archive c:\dir1\ d:\dir2\ f:\dir3\ -subdir=yes -archmc=mymc

would be scheduled like this:

   def sch standard mysched action=archive objects="c:\dir1\ d:\dir2\
f:\dir3\" options="-subdir=yes -archmc=mymc" ...

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
03/18/2003 09:53