ADSM-L

Re: binding backups to different management classes

2003-03-16 19:46:11
Subject: Re: binding backups to different management classes
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:43:42 +0200
You are not binding a whole node. You can bind a set of files to a class,
another set to different class, etc.
If bindings are not defined through include options (dsm.sys for UNIX,
dsm.opt from Windows, cloptset for both) it is equivalent to binding of
everything to the default class.
Only one class can be default in a policy domain and node can belong to
only one domain at any particular moment (later another class can become
default or node can be moved to another domain).

Thus you have two options:
- bind everything to a particular class
        -- for UNIX - "include  /.../*  <class name>"
        -- for Windows - "include ?:\...\*      <class name>"
- move the node to a domain in which the class is default - "upd no <node
name> dom=<domain name>"

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre AT LENDLEASEREI DOT COM>
17.03.2003 01:51