ADSM-L

Re: SAN LANfree backup licensing requirements

2003-03-16 10:24:40
Subject: Re: SAN LANfree backup licensing requirements
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:10:01 +0200
Steve,

I assume you have point-based TSM v4.2 licenses (you are talking about
MgSysSAN licenses). TSM v4.2 does not include licenses for Tivoli SANergy
and your company should acquire that product separately.
If you had current maintenance agreement when ITSM v5.1 went out (April
2002) or re-established maintenance afterwards the license terms for ITSM
v5.1 apply. According to them you will need ITSM licenses (Base or
Extended depending on your environment) and ITSM for SAN licenses. ITSM
for SAN includes limited use license for SANergy (for ITSM only).
If your company is among those who had their maintenance renewed in
April-June 2002 you may have ITSM Enterprise Edition. ITSM EE licensees
are eligible for ITSM eXtended Edition + ITSM for SAN + ITSM for HSM. Thus
in this case you may have all necessary licenses.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
07.03.2003 15:55