ADSM-L

Re: Lost a TSM server...need to reinstall TSM wondering if I can inst all...

2003-03-12 23:30:35
Subject: Re: Lost a TSM server...need to reinstall TSM wondering if I can inst all...
From: "Raxworthy, Douglas" <draxwort AT SMORGONSTEEL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:09:28 +1100
To recap your problem:
 Previous configuration: AIX 5.1, TSM 4.2.X (or maybe 4.3.X)
 Desired configuration: AIX 5.1, TSM 5.1.X

Personally I'd concentrate on getting TSM working at the version that was
previously installed (any old lslpp output files anywhere?).
It's always gone pretty badly when I've tried to upgrade something I wasn't
sure was working ok. So try and get TSM installed at the previous level
first, get it working and then upgrade it to 5.1.X.

If you really want to try your luck I vaguely remember an old "dsmserv
upgrade db" command which I had to run manually once.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg186256c3e005f1adc86256c8b001
bfd01
It's not documented in 5.1 and may not even exist. I wouldn't even consider
it without a recent dbbackup handy either...

Good luck!

Douglas Raxworthy, UNIX Administrator, Smorgon Steel Limited