ADSM-L

Re: Client login with admin id and password

2003-03-12 11:43:57
Subject: Re: Client login with admin id and password
From: Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:37:09 +0100
With a tsm client (same clientlevel or higher), same OS (or compatible), an
admin user (system priv) and valid password you can restore any data from
the client to the place you want it to go. Yep, it can be a security issue.

We like to use dsm(c) -optfile=(name of one of our tsm servers).opt
-virtualnodename=(name of node). Make life very easy.