ADSM-L

ITSM V5.1.6 for MVS/OS-390

2003-03-12 09:54:52
Subject: ITSM V5.1.6 for MVS/OS-390
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:54:00 -0600
I have been watching the list closely for any MVS/OS-390 ITSM v5.1.6 server
upgrades that have been successful.  I have not noticed any.  Is there
anyone out there who has upgraded and used the MVS v5.1.6 successfully?
April 15th is coming up quickly and I have sent my order in to IBM for the
ITSM V5.1.6 server.   We will probably 'just do it' and hope for the best
Our test environment is very small so it will not be a great help even
though we will install it there first.  Anyone know of anything I should be
aware of?  Also, I have seen a list of levels and patches that need to be
installed in order for other ITSM server environments.  Mostly, I think, to
clear up the old orphan System Objects problem.  Does anyone know where I
might find this list for MVS?  The one I saw was at a TSM Users meeting,
someone was going to check if there was a special order of installs for MVS
but I have never heard back from them.  I would appreciate any and all
feedback.

Thank You,
Shannon Bach
Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
Office 608-252-7260
Fax 608-252-7098
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com