ADSM-L

upgrade from 4.2.1 to 5.1.6.x on solaris

2003-03-12 08:03:31
Subject: upgrade from 4.2.1 to 5.1.6.x on solaris
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:02:49 -0500
We are getting ready to upgrade as specified above.  However, I am only a bit
confused.  I have done three upgrades under os/390, but this looks a little
different.

First and biggest question is Can I do it in one shot, or do I need to install
v5.1.0 or some other version first?

Any other got yas I need to know about?  Its been a long time since I did any
unix of any sort.

I have already written a little script to back up the entire
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server tree, and then back up the devconfig and volhist files,
also will do a database backup and empty the disk pools before I start.

Thanks for the help.

Gary Lee
Senior Operating Systems Analyst
Ball State University