ADSM-L

Re: Migrating TSM Server on AIX

2003-03-11 17:30:24
Subject: Re: Migrating TSM Server on AIX
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:29:22 -0500
I have done this many times, don't worry it works!

You should NOT tar over .../server/ folder.  In fact you could cause
problems;  dsmserv.opt, for example, has some parms that include filenames,
which might be different on your new server, that you shouldn't stomp.  Same
for dsmserv.dsk.  If you already have TSM 5.1.5.0 running, everything you
need is already in place.

The only thing you might want to copy across is the old dsmaccnt.log file
(if you want to keep the old accounting records).  Also I assume you have
verified that the new server already has the correct parms in dsmserv.opt.

When you restart the server, it will complain that it can't find your disk
storage pools (because they aren't there!).  Not to worry; just DELETE the
definitions of the old disk storage pool volumes, and define new ones.

You don't mention how you are moving your tape library - if you plan on just
plugging it in to the new F50, remember that your device addresses may be
different.  You will need to work that out and make sure the F50 can access
the tape before you unplug that F30!