ADSM-L

Finding system objects to delete

2003-03-11 16:38:41
Subject: Finding system objects to delete
From: Kai Hintze <kai.hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:36:34 -0800
Oh wise and experienceds star-sum wizards! I crave the boon of a
clarification:

does that mean that we aren't backing up the system object on that box?

Discussion: I want to clean up our TSM 4.2.1.6 server (AIX 4.3.3) before I
migrate it to a different box (AIX 5.1.latest) and upgrade TSM to
5.reasonably_stable.

Among other things, the database is getting much larger than we expected, so
I suspect that I am victim of the dreaded system object bloat, given the
level of TSM server I am running. I went back through the archives
researching the topic "delete system object". I found several references to
rename/delete the "SYSTEM OBJECT filespace". But only about 1 in 10 of our
WinNT systems has a SYSTEM OBJECT filespace listed in the filespaces table.
Does that mean that most of our windows servers don't back up their system
object?

That would be mixed news at this point, but before I can deal with it, I
need to know for sure what I am dealing with.

Thank you in advance for your help.

- Kai.