ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino 5.1.5 problem

2003-03-11 08:18:25
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino 5.1.5 problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:18:03 -0500
Jozef,

This normally means that Data Protection for Domino
is picking up the wrong NOTES.INI file.
To help resolve this issue...

1. Make sure that NOTESINIPATH setting is pointing to the
   correct directory containing the NOTES.INI file
   of the active Domino Server.

2. Make sure there is not a NOTES.INI file in the
   \WINNT or \WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory. The Domino Server
   API code looks there first, even if you specify
   the directory where you want it to look.

3. If the above two things do not resolve the issue,
   search for all occurences of the NOTES.INI file
   on your machine and find out if it is picking
   that one up first.  You could do this by
   temporarily renaming all of them EXCEPT the
   one that your active Domino Server is using.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.