ADSM-L

Re: TSM Accounting record

2003-03-10 17:25:01
Subject: Re: TSM Accounting record
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:21:56 +1100
On Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003, at 06:09 Australia/Sydney, David E Ehresman
wrote:

Field 17 of the TSM accounting record is "Amount of backup files, in
kilobytes, sent by the client to the server".  If a file is retry-ed,
does it get counted once or twice in this field?

I believe (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong) that it is a
cumulative
total of sent file data, so if a successful retry is attempted after
transferring half a file on the first try, you'll get 1.5 x the file
size.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke