ADSM-L

Offsite Volumes

2003-03-10 16:42:47
Subject: Offsite Volumes
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:17:38 -0500
Hello!

TSM 5.1.6.2 on AIX 4.3.3.10

I am running DRM and I am seeing large discrepancies in what I have
offsite and what TSM reports as being offsite.

I run a q drm wherest=vault [or a select statement] and compare the list
to the physical tapes offsite and they don't match.  About 8 weeks ago,
we did this manual inventory and had about 60-tapes "come back."  I did
not pay much attention to this since we have been making some pretty
drastic changes to our retention policies.  Since then, though, we have
not made any changes and when we did a manual inventory last week, we
found about 32-tapes that did not match TSM's inventory.

Has anyone else seen this?  If so, can this be explained?  Thanks.

Mahesh