ADSM-L

Error 1711. An error occurred while writing installation information to disk

2003-03-10 14:45:56
Subject: Error 1711. An error occurred while writing installation information to disk
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:52:13 -0600
Any ideas?  NT4 SP5, had 4.2.1.20 client on it and I get this:

Error 1711. An error occurred while writing installation information to
disk.  Check to make sure enough disk space is available, and click Retry,
or Cancel to end the installation.

trying to install the 5.1.5.9 client.  This isn't the same error as the out
of disk error that used to happen

 error 1603 General Windows Installer engine error. Increase DiskSpace
 requirement in Setup.ini and try again

The only hit I come up with is on msdn- but on a win2k box using the Group
policy method of deploying installments.  (the domain controller's sysvol
partition is too full). We are not using AD, so this doesn't apply, AFAIK.

There almost 3 G of space available on the system drive, so I am stumped.

thanks
lisa