ADSM-L

Re: Stable client version for Netware 4.11

2003-03-10 10:48:29
Subject: Re: Stable client version for Netware 4.11
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:47:34 -0500
I know that. I was looking for people's opinion on what would be a good
4.1.3.x
level client to put on this server. It is their main NDS replica server.
They
are currently moving to Active Directory, but Netware is going to be around
for
a while yet. Right now it's running a 3.7 version that is problematic. I
know
that "officially" Tivoli will tell me it's not "supported" anymore..that's
why
I'm soliciting people's opinions on what would be a good STABLE version to
go
forward with.

Bill

> From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
> Date: 2003/03/09 Sun AM 09:24:28 GMT-11:00
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: Stable client version for Netware 4.11
>
> From: Bill Boyer [mailto:bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET]
> > Looking for opinions on a recommended client level for a
> > Netware 4.11 server with support pack v9.0 installed. The
> > latest fixtest on the FTP site is 4.1.3.99.
>
> Refer to
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSCVRAL&q=&uid=s
> wg21066936&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en
>
> Since TSM client 4.2 officially doesn't support NetWare 4.11, there is
> no supported version of TSM that you can use. After 4/15, version 5.1 is
> the oldest supported client.
>
> --
> Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??