ADSM-L

Backup MS SQL master.mdf

2003-03-10 05:32:30
Subject: Backup MS SQL master.mdf
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:30:31 +0100
Hi all TSMers!
I got just a prodject on my desk who says that I need to found a good
disaster recovery solution for Microsoft SQL 2000.
And I know how to get back the system in 5 min. But I still don´t know how
to get back the SQL server with out any installation CDs.
I have come so far so I backup all the program files but I still have
problem to backup master.mdf.
So I got two questions.
Do anyone know if master.mdf need to be syncronize to another files?
And do master.mdf need to backup with a Open File Manager or can TSM take a
backup of that file with out any Open File Manager?

Med Vänliga Hälsningar/Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2
SE-131 06 Nacka
Sweden

Phone : +46-(0)8-718 43 30
Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
eMail : christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se
MSN : issen007 AT hotmail DOT com