ADSM-L

Re: AW: dsmc incr -domain="systemobject -c: -d: -e:"

2003-03-07 15:11:12
Subject: Re: AW: dsmc incr -domain="systemobject -c: -d: -e:"
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:07:22 -0700
Hi Juraj,

Of course I remember you, I believe we go all the way back to the old ADSM
Compuserve forum.  :-)

A couple of points:

1) Regardless of whether your syntax is valid, you should report the
problem. The client should not be crashing. If they give you a difficult
time, let me know.

2) I see nothing wrong with your syntax, but I think you can accomplish
the same thing more easily like this:

   dsmc backup systemobject

Does that method also result in a crash for you (I would think it would)?
When the crash occurs, do you get a module name and address? I imagine the
module name will be dsmc.exe, but what is the address?

If the above command crashes, then try backing up the individual system
objects. My first suspicion would be:

   dsmc backup sysfiles

If that doesn't crash, then try the other objects one by one, to narrow
the scope of the problem.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
03/07/2003 12:49