ADSM-L

Re: Canceling a Reclamation FAST

2003-03-07 10:53:06
Subject: Re: Canceling a Reclamation FAST
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:49:56 -0800
Make sure your stgpool reclamation level is set high, then issue the cancel
process.  Then, here's the fun part, go over to your library and turn off or
IPL the INPUT drive.  Your process will fail out with a read error and
you'll be good to go.

I probably wouldn't do this in production without testing if you're using
SCSI drives, I don't know how the bus would handle redetecting the drive,
but it works great in my Fibre Channel environment.  Since I don't know how
your environment's set up, use at your own risk.

Alex Paschal
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail