ADSM-L

Re: Logmode RollForward on 5.1.6.2

2003-03-06 22:59:52
Subject: Re: Logmode RollForward on 5.1.6.2
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:41:02 -0600
Ok, I'm not crazy!

I've recreated this by:
- used wizard to create another server instance using defaults
- created an archivepool volume
- defined a test client
- update recovery log space trigger to 1% (this is what I was initially
trying to test - probably not needed to recreate problem)
- switched to rollforward mode
- archived files to the server
- issue q log to view used pages, they continually reset like normal mode
- stop archive
- defined devclass for db backup
- run db backup
- archived files to server
- issue q log - now log continues to fill as it should in rollforward mode.

I then, stopped client archive, switched log back to normal then rollforward
then started client archive again.  Same results as earlier - log gets reset
as in normal mode.

So it seems the log was not switching to rollforward until a db backup was
run. (Note that no dbbackup trigger was defined.  When I defined one on my
first test then a DB backup was automatically triggered). Not sure if this
is working as designed.

Thanks,

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg