ADSM-L

Re: archive retention - quick question!!

2003-03-06 09:29:58
Subject: Re: archive retention - quick question!!
From: Ruddy STOUDER <Ruddy.Stouder AT IRISLINK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:26:16 +0100
I am not sure you can't change the archive retention.

There is a contradiction in the admin. Guide :

Archive copies are never rebound because each archive operation creates a
different archive copy. Archive copies remain bound to the management class
name specified when the user archived them.
=> Here : No rebinding is done .

If the management class to which an archive copy is bound no longer exists
or no longer contains an archive copy group, the server uses the default
management class. If you later change or replace the default management
class, the server uses the updated default management class to manage the
archive copy.
=> Here : If you change the mgmt class, the server uses the new mgmt class
to manage the archive

What is the real behaviour ?

                        Ruddy Stouder
                        Senior Technical Consultant
                        TSM Certified Consultant
                        I.R.I.S.
                        Rue du Bosquet 10 - Parc Scientifique de
Louvain-La-Neuve
                        B-1348 Mont-Saint-Guibert
                        ruddy.stouder AT irislink DOT com
                        <http://www.irislink.com>
                        Tel: +32 (0)10 48 75 09  -  Fax: +32 (0)10 48 75 40