ADSM-L

Re: File Devices and SAN

2003-03-06 05:31:14
Subject: Re: File Devices and SAN
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:30:40 +0100
According to doc, using shared disk storage for LAN-free backup in SAN
environment is possible using Tivoli SANergy.

My 2 cents

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

                    Christian Svensson

                    <Christian.Svensson@C        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    RISTIE.SE>                   cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist         Subject:     Re: File Devices
and SAN
                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    06.03.2003 11:13

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Hi Again!

I have a real research about your problem.  (I was have a good time. Learn
me alot about TSM).
I got some wild ideas how we can sold it but after a wild I start from the
begingn again.
The only thing i know right now is that.
You can not send data direct to the SAN disk you most send data to the TSM
Server first and after that send data to the SAN Disk
And the only way to do that is to create a file device and boundle it to a
Storage device.
That is the only way to do it.
And you don´t need to create a library or path to fix that. Becuse the
Device Class "File" can not boundle to a Library.
If you most create a Library (I don´t know way) can you try with Removable
Media and File Library and File Drive.
That is the only way to do it.
Another way is to use command "Define Datamover". But that is only when you
use NAS. Datamover have support for SCSI aswell but I don´t know if that is
enough.
But good luck!

Med Vänliga Hälsningar/Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2
SE-131 06 Nacka
Sweden

Phone : +46-(0)8-718 43 30
Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
eMail : christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se
MSN : issen007 AT hotmail DOT com