ADSM-L

Re: Réf. : Re: Web GUI through SSH tunnel

2003-03-04 17:09:04
Subject: Re: Réf. : Re: Web GUI through SSH tunnel
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:08:57 -0600
Lookup the webports option in your client install and user guide.  This
will allow you to fix the port numbers.

**Note new cell number below**
______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

                      Guillaume Gilbert

                      <guillaume.gilbert@DESJ        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      ARDINS.COM>                    cc:

                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist           Subject:  Réf. : Re: Web
GUI through SSH tunnel
                      Stor Manager"

                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      03/03/2003 09:01 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

I did some more testing on a client I have direct access to. When the web
gui opens up, I did a netstat -na and only port 1581 to that client is
open. After I click on
any of the four buttons and the user/password prompt apears, 2 other ports
are open. These ports are random in the > 33000 range.  So unless there is
an option somewhere
to fix these ports, doing this through ssf tunneling is pratically
impossible...

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI Canada

"Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2003-03-01
00:01:19

Veuillez répondre à "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Envoyé par :      "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Pour : ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc :
Objet :     Re: Web GUI through SSH tunnel

From: Guillaume Gilbert [mailto:guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM]
> I am trying to use the web client through an ssh tunnel. I've
> configured my port forwarding to connect to port 1581 on the
> remote machine. I can see the console with the 4 options
> (backup, restore, archive,retrieve) but when I click one of
> them, I get error ANS2600S, blah blah connection refused. I
> am guessing its trying to go through another port. Does
> anybody know which port or is it a random port and this is hopeless?

Port 1581 allows a remote web browser to connect to the TSM client; if
you're seeing the console, it's working.

To get the client to talk to the server, port 1500 must be open between
the TSM client and the TSM server.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)