ADSM-L

Mountable Not in Library Hell

2003-03-04 13:37:45
Subject: Mountable Not in Library Hell
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:40:08 -0700
Folks,

I know this has been covered but nobody has published the definitive "how to
get out of this" note.

Symptoms:

Volume is empty, readwrite in the library but won't go to pending or
scratch.

Try to delete the volume, message states, can't since volume is
mountablenotinlibrary.

Although, Q media shows the volume as mountableinlibrary.

To fix this:

Issue command:

move media * stgpool=poolname wherestatus=empty remove=no checklabel=no (if
you want to leave them in the library)

Now they are out of the library as far as everyone is concerned.

Then issue

move media * stgpool=poolname wherestatus=empty wherestate=mountablenotinlib

The check them in:

checkin libvol libname search=yes checklabel=barcode status=private (use
search=yes if you left the tapes in the library)

I think the key here is the order in which the commands are executed.  The
second move media command must happen before the checkin command happens.

I'm documenting this for myself, but I know there are folks out there that
will see this problem.

Thanks,

Kelly J. Lipp
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
lipp AT storsol DOT com or kelly.lipp AT storserver DOT com
www.storsol.com or www.storserver.com
(719)531-5926
Fax: (240)539-7175