ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1.6.2 and AIX client 5.1.1.0

2003-03-04 11:36:55
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1.6.2 and AIX client 5.1.1.0
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:36:21 -0500
>The server side sees error "ANR8216W Error sending data on socket nnn.
>Reason 32."  The client gets "ANS1074W ***User Abort***" in the
>dsmerror.log. ...

That server message is saying that the client severed the connection.
The client message is saying that it did so.
I would carefully examine your server further for causes...
In the past (4.1) this could be caused by lack of space in server
storage pools.  Have a good look at capacities, Activity Log context,
and dsmserv.err contents for clues.  Sometimes the server fails to
come right out and indicate the actual cause, so you may have to do
the Sherlock routine.

  Richard Sims, BU