ADSM-L

Re: install scripts for 5.1.X

2003-03-04 07:43:41
Subject: Re: install scripts for 5.1.X
From: Ian Smith <ian.smith AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:42:16 +0000
Lisa,

Andy is right, the MS installer is picky and wants to see all the files
it expects so don't delete them. However, you can set unwanted files to size
zero and reduce the install image size that way. We also edit the setup.ini
file and reduce the multiple language options to just one as below:

[Languages]
count=2
default=409
key0=409
key1=409

Note you must have two options else the dialogue doesn't work.
This is not that fascist - if someone wants the client in Simplified Chinese
then they can ask and another image can be made with that included.

We find the zero file size thing useful also in disabling options that
we cannot support from a resource perspective. Thus we set the dsm.jar to
zero as we don't like the web client access ( this bypassing the query node
table crash at 5.1.6.1 :), and we set the image and LVSA plugin dlls to zero
because we only want incremental backups.

HTH
Ian Smith
Oxford University Computing Services, Oxford, UK.

of the clients.