ADSM-L

Re: install scripts for 5.1.X

2003-03-03 09:58:44
Subject: Re: install scripts for 5.1.X
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:02:00 -0600
Thanks for the answer, Andy, I'll put them back.

                      Andrew Raibeck
                      <storman AT US DOT IBM.C        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: install scripts
for 5.1.X
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/03/2003 08:50
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi Lisa,

> I had been deleting all the extra language directories
> and files from my install source to save space.

I would not do this, as deleting files from *any* install source (not just
TSM) can lead to unpredictable results, as you are seeing.

For the future, we are looking at modifying our packaging such that you
won't need to have the language files for those languages you are not
using.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET>
02/28/2003 13:48

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        install scripts for 5.1.X

Hello all,

does anyone know if there is a way to keep the installer from erroring on
tivguid/"some_non_en_us_language"\*.cat files not found ?

I use the msiexec statement for my installs, and I had been deleting all
the extra language directories and files from my install source to save
space.  But now, my scripts come up with the error " Error 1309.Error
reading from file:p:\blah\blah\guid\zh_CN\guidmsgs.cat.  Verify that the
file exists and that you can access it."  And you have to click on the
ignore button for it to continue (for the next 11 or so error messages)
until it's done looking for those language *.cat files.

Do I really have to put all that stuff back into my source, or is there
some way I can alter/tell the installer package not to care about any
other
language than en_US??

I didn't find anything in the readmes, but I hadn't looked in the KB--
didn't really hope to find it there (I put in a sev 2 PMR on Wednesday
morning on deleting my orphaned Oracle objects, but I haven't heard boo
from IBM yet.

anyone else been there and done that?

tia

 lisa