ADSM-L

Re: Can anyone verify this ......

2003-02-28 09:10:21
Subject: Re: Can anyone verify this ......
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:39:30 -0500
No problem.

You will need to properly define the drive in your device config file (as
specified in your dsmserv.opt file) as a manual library with one drive in
it. And after the restore, you'll need to delete the drives and library from
the new TSM server instance and re-define your manual configuration again.

TSM will use the device config file if the database isn't available, but it
will revert to the database definition one you've finished the restore.

At one time we had a 9-tape STK 9710 library in-house and 6 stand-alone DLT
drives in our D/R contract -- so at D/R we had a manual library with six
drives defined in it. Works like a charm!

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc