ADSM-L

Problem while using "move drmedia"

2003-02-27 10:58:26
Subject: Problem while using "move drmedia"
From: Tommy Templeton <tommy.templeton AT MMRS.STATE.MS DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:57:49 -0600
Hi *SM'ers

This morning I was running this script:

move drmedia * wherestate=vaultretrieve copystgpool=offsitepool1
source=dbsnapshot
checkin libv 3494vts search=yes status=scratch devt=3590 checkl=no
query actlog search="MOVE DRMEDIA"

I got some unexpected results. Not only did I get the tapes that I was
expecting but I got several tapes that I had on "could not locate" list of
tapes that seemed to be missing from the vts. What was stranger is that I
checked in about 10 volumes that don't even belong in my library. I share the
VTS "robitics unit" with another state agency but my 3494 library is not
shared. Has anyone had any problems like this?

Environment:
  Server: RS/6000-AIX5.1     TSM V4.2.1.9
  Client:  NT4-SP6,
            Win2k-SP1,
            SP2-AIX5.1              TSM V4.2.1.9
Environment:
  Server: RS/6000-AIX5.1
   TSM V4.2.1.9
  Client: NT4-SP6, Win2k-SP1,SP2-AIX5.1                                 TSM
V4.2.1.9

thanks,

Tommy Templeton
Senior System Administrator
DFA-MMRS
601-359-3106
e-mail - templeton AT mmrs.state.ms DOT us