ADSM-L

Re: AIX Client automatic start for dsmcad

2003-02-27 05:14:41
Subject: Re: AIX Client automatic start for dsmcad
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:14:04 +0000
Anders Stehlbom wrote:

Hi,

Where is the best place for starting dsmcad during boot on AIX 4.3.3?

Like /etc/rc.d/rc.local for Linux

Several ways. Pick the one you like best.

You could

1. Edit /etc/rc.tcpip & run it out of there
2. Create a new /etc/rc.local and put that in /etc/inittab (Using
mkitab) to run at runlevel 2
3. Use the SYSV init support of AIX 4.3.3rml06 or later (i.e. Put a
startup script names Sddwhatever - where dd == some number) in
/etc/rc.d/rc2.d
4. Put an entry directly into /etc/inittab (Using mkitab) to run the
executable

Each has advantages over the others.

1. Is easy. Just edit & go.
2. Almost as easy as 1, but you don't need to edit system supplied
scripts (Some people don't like to).
3. Easy to extend. Better than 2 because all the scripts are separate.
4. Also an easy option. Very nice if your app runs in the foreground,
because you can set it to respawn which means init will restart it if it
exits for any reason.

I got some suggestions yesterday but not really described exactly.

I'm not a AIX Guru but I know Linux.

ManagedServices is webclient schedule

dsmcad is in   /var/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/

I'm asking for:

1. On AIX is the TSMCAD Daemon the best way to run the Schedule?

2. Name of the scriptfile for start, based on the answer on the first Q.

3. Correct syntax for that entry, based on the answer on the first Q.

Thanks i advance

//Anders

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
       I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |