ADSM-L

Re: AIX Client automatic start for dsmcad

2003-02-26 14:32:16
Subject: Re: AIX Client automatic start for dsmcad
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:28:24 -0500
Hi,
I use /etc/inittab file. If you're not familiar with AIX, please refer
to document;

http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/cmds/aixcmds3/mkitab.htm#HDRA3059129

Entries that you should add may look like the followings;

tivoliba:2:respawn:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc schedule
>/dev/console 2>&1
tivolicad:2:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad >/dev/console
2>&1

These lines works in my environm. You may call also AIX support line
for help. Hope this helps.

>>> Anders.Stahlbom AT INVID DOT SE 02/26/03 05:08AM >>>
Hi,

Where is the best place for starting dsmcad during boot on AIX 4.3.3?

Like /etc/rc.d/rc.local for Linux

I got some suggestions yesterday but not really described exactly.

I'm not a AIX Guru but I know Linux.

ManagedServices is webclient schedule

dsmcad is in   /var/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/

I'm asking for:

1. On AIX is the TSMCAD Daemon the best way to run the Schedule?

2. Name of the scriptfile for start, based on the answer on the first
Q.

3. Correct syntax for that entry, based on the answer on the first Q.

Thanks i advance

//Anders