ADSM-L

Re: Library Configuration Question

2003-02-26 11:00:26
Subject: Re: Library Configuration Question
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:58:44 -0600
I just upgraded from an ATL P3000 (329 slots) to an ATL P7000 (399
slots) which was on new hardware, and my upgrade path was to do a
database restore. I never had any problem seeing the new slots.

The term "stored statically in the database" is slippery. Some things
are, and some are not, and some things that appear to be, are
overwritten when you do a restore, but others are not. I'm just not sure
which is which.

For instance, after completing the restore, I had to delete and redefine
all my drives, but not the library itself.

Have I made this perfectly muddy for you?

               Academic Computing & Communications Center